Notes from Wasilla, April 30, 2010
It's been quiet for me here during the last week as I've focused on getting back to work. Just a few quick notes from today's shopping trip:
- Today's travels were required because the state of Alaska requires that you put two license plates on your car. I knew I'd be able to replace the "normal" rear license plate by using a quarter to turn the screws (I tested this), but I needed to buy some tools to put the front license plate on the car.
- During the trip I noticed the lakes here still consist of an awful lot of ice, even though this last week has been in the 50s and 60s, with plenty of sunshine.
- I forgot that there are seagulls in Wasilla. This strikes me as strange, as we do have lakes, but I don't think we're that close to the ocean.
- This afternoon we're having freezing rain and a little hail for weather.
- The weather in general for the last few days has felt "unstable". If I were still in Kentucky, I'd say the weather felt like we might have a tornado, or at least severe storms.
In honor of today's cool weather, here's a picture from our last snowfall, which was about a week ago. Big, heavy snowflakes, the kind which make great-packing snow:
More news as it becomes available. :)