Travel plans; bike and chair for sale
I just worked through my travel plans for next week, and it looks like the drive from Palmer, Alaska to Denver, Colorado will take about ten days. I could probably do it a day or two faster, but I'd like to visit Haines, Alaska, because I've never been there, and I also like Stewart, British Columbia.
Here are my approximate travel plans, by day:
- Palmer to Tok, AK (280 miles)
- Tok to Haines, AK (438 miles, 2 border crossings)
- Haines to Dease Lake (border crossing, 474 miles, 12.5 hours) (or Watson Lake (340 miles, 9+ hours))
- Dease Lake to Stewart, BC (400km, 6.5 hours)
- Stewart to Prince George, BC (700 km, 10 hours)
- Prince George to Hope, BC (637 km, 8.5 hours)
- Hope to Cle Elum, WA (389 km, 4.5 hours, border crossing) (I like to stop and visit Roslyn, WA, where Northern Exposure was filmed, and Snoqualmie, where Twin Peaks was filmed)
- Cle Elum to Butte, MT (510 miles) or Bozeman (600 miles)
- Butte to Cheyenne, WY (680 miles) (or Casper, 500 miles)
- Denver, Colorado
With the detour to Haines, the trip looks to be 3,500 miles. In all likelihood I'll probably stay two nights somewhere, probably Haines or Stewart, so the trip will be more like eleven days.
Bicycle and office chair for sale
In other news, it sure is hard to sell a bicycle around here. If you're interested in a men's 21-speed bicycle, here's a link to my ad on craigslist. Other than the back tire having a slow leak, the bike is in great condition.
I also have a very nice office chair for sale for just $45. The original price was $140-150, and that was when it was unassembled. Here's the link to my office chair on craigslist.