Looking for a place to live in Alaska
I'm currently living in Kentucky, but I'm getting ready to move back to Alaska -- hopefully for good this time -- and I'm pretty cranked up. In fact, I haven't slept much the last three nights.
The last time I lived in Alaska I lived in Talkeetna, but this time around I'm looking for a little larger area to live in. As I think about where I want to live, I've come up with this short list of
- Don't live in a place that's so cold I cry like a little girl all winter :)
- Don't live in Anchorage (it's too much like the Lower-48)
- Do live near a good yoga studio
- Live in an area that supports my "bike and hike" habits
- Easy skiing and snowmobiling access in the winter would be very nice
- Live in a house, not an apartment (a garage would be really nice)
- Need at least two coffee shops (or other places) where I can write
- Relatively constant electricity and internet access is appreciated, if not expected
- A local grocery store would be nice
I'm going to do some more research on the various towns and areas I know, and once I have that all together, I'll put a follow-up post here. But until then, I think this is a decent starter list.